The words “You Belong” greet students upon entry into the classroom. We are learning that everyone belongs in the Kingdom of God. We are created in God’s image to mirror His love. Just like the earthly families to which we belong, we also have another family to which we belong – The body of Christ. Students share their thoughts about belonging:
- Everyone belongs to God even if they are sad.
- I can tell others they belong when they are lonely.
- We don’t have to feel nervous at school because we all belong to God.
- We can pray for each other.
- Even if we are different, we all still belong to Jesus and to God’s family.
- Everyone belongs so It doesn’t matter if don’t know a word because I can ask one of my friends.
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28