The Kingston Christian School (KCS) dress code is a Unified Dress Code, promoting the identity of KCS, consisting of solid Navy Blue and White clothing.
1. Tops must be solid white or navy blue and bottoms (pants, skirts, shorts, tights, hose, etc.) must be solid navy blue. Non-school logos are minimal and not to exceed 1” square. Denim is NOT part of the acceptable dress code.
2. KCS does not have a specific supplier, but recommends clothing be purchased from uniform clothing lines available at most major retailers (Old Navy, The Children’s Place, The GAP, Joe Fresh, Walmart).
3. Clothing should be attractive, comfortable and allow for ease of movement. Athletic pants are generally acceptable, but cannot be faded or ill fitting.
4. Clothing must be clean, non-transparent, size appropriate and in good repair.
5. Shorts may be worn, but must be modest in length.
6. T-shirts (long or short-sleeved) may be worn but they must be neat and presentable.
7. No undershirts are to be worn as outer-garments.
8. Tops must meet bottoms when the arms are lifted. Tank tops may be worn provided the straps are three fingers wide. Necklines on all tops must be modest.
9. No undergarments may be showing.
10. Hats are not to be worn inside the school except on dress up fun days.
11. Students are expected to be in Navy and White for all school days and activities unless specific notice has been given.
12. On special occasions (programs, assemblies, concerts), students may be required to wear a white collared shirt). Skirts and dresses must be a modest length when worn for any school program or activity.
13. Students should refrain from using excessive make-up during school and at school events.
14. All items of clothing should be clearly labeled with the student’s name.
15. Manufacture trademarks, if any, should be no larger than about 1 inch.
16. Generally, non-uniform days are held the last Friday of the month. All Dress Code rules apply, save the ones pertaining to colour and logo size.
17. The administration reserves the right to make final decisions concerning appropriate dress.