The Kingston Christian School (KCS) dress code is a Unified Dress Code, promoting the identity of KCS, consisting of solid Navy Blue and White clothing.
- Tops must be solid white or navy blue and bottoms must be navy blue. Denim is NOT part of the acceptable dress code.
- KCS does not have a specific supplier but recommends clothing be purchased from Uniform clothing lines available at most major retailers (Zellers, Old Navy, The Children’s Place, The GAP, Sears, Walmart).
- Clothing should be attractive, comfortable and allow for ease of movement.
- Clothing must be clean, non-transparent, size appropriate and in good repair.
- Shorts may be worn but no “short” shorts.
- T-shirts (long or short-sleeved) may be worn but they must be neat and presentable.
- No undershirts are to be worn as outer-garments.
- Tops must meet bottoms and bottoms must meet tops.
- No undergarments may be showing.
- Hats are not to be worn inside the school except on specified days or activities.
- Students are expected to be in Navy and White for all school days and activities unless specific notice has been given.
- On special occasions (programs, assemblies, concerts), students may be required to wear a white collared shirt).
- Students should refrain from using excessive make-up.
- All items of clothing should be clearly labeled with the student’s name.
- Manufacture trademarks, if any, should be no larger than about 1 inch.
- The administration reserves the right to make final decisions concerning appropriate dress.